Software Engineer - Foundation
Remote - Anywhere
About the team:
Even during these trying times Handy's business is experiencing massive growth. We use software to scale by amplifying each person's ability--both within Handy and on our marketplace. As we scale out the business, the software we rely on becomes more complex. We are proactively investing in reducing that complexity and improving our cycle time. The newly formed foundation engineering team will work hand-in-hand with the rest of the engineering team to simplify our technical solutions and keep us shipping quality products faster. This position is open to remote opportunities.
What you will do:
- Explore and implement new technology/solutions to evolve Handy's system architecture
- Introduce simpler solutions to common product engineering challenges
- Rethink existing solutions to isolate and remove "hot spots" in systems and code
- Upgrade dependencies to create a uniform technical stack
- Bridge the gap between the application and the infrastructure team
- Educate the broader teams on tools, techniques, updates, and enhancements
Who you are:
- Most importantly, you are someone who is passionate about developer quality of life and tooling. You are excited to take on a broad problem space related to developer efficiency and reduce it to highly impactful and iteratively-built solutions.
- Strong software engineer with at least 3+ years of hands-on development experience
- Well-versed in at least one OO language: Ruby, Python, PHP, etc.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field
- Knowledge of or interest in recent infrastructure technologies
- Ability to work with and effectively communicate across multiple technical and non-technical teams
- Willingness to learn and apply new skills and technologies
- Experience working at a growth-stage startup is a plus
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary and equity commensurate with experience and performance
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Monthly Handy credits
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- A fun office in the heart of the Flatiron district, always stocked with coffee, snacks and drinks; catered lunch and dinner, foosball, office events and team outings
- Ground floor opportunity with the team
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.