Full Stack Engineer (RUBY / JS)
Remote - Anywhere
We're looking for a curious Software Engineer to join our team! The position will include building great products, tackling interesting challenges, and contributing to our engineering culture. We expect you to work in pairs, use test-driven development, be experienced in building complex web applications, and write both clean and maintainable code.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
We expect you to work on both Railsware products and solutions designed for our clients:
- Mailtrap.io - our headliner in the world of safe email testing (with over 550,000 users)
- Coupler.io - a tool for data import between different systems to build smooth data flows
- Calendly - one of the most popular scheduling tools in the world
- BrightBytes - a platform that empowers school-wide improvement through data-driven insights
- OfficeSpace - a powerfully simple facility management software used by well-known companies in Silicon Valley and outside of it
Check other examples of the products we've built.
We write Ruby and JS code a lot. Our codebases, however, are often polyglot, and we keep on experimenting with technologies like Elixir or GO in real production. Therefore, additional experience in other languages and frameworks is, of course, a plus.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent general programming skills, ability to work with complex codebases
- Extensive knowledge of Ruby, Ruby on Rails, and its testing frameworks
- Practical experience in different DBs (e.g. RDBMS, Key-Value / Tuple Store, Wide Column Store / Column Families, Document Store)
- Experience with cloud hosting providers (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, Digital Ocean, Heroku)
- Comfortable with the UNIX/Linux command line
- Experience in test-driven development and pair programming (good to have)
- Comfortable taking the lead on projects and working without lots of oversight
- Good English (both written and spoken)
- End-to-end product development
- Write reusable and maintainable code
- Write tests to thoroughly validate the correctness of your code
- Actively contribute to the identification of problems and their solutions
- Collaborate in a cross-functional team to ensure the project meets business objectives and compliance standards
- Work in a flat-structured company
- The culture of constant development
- How we've built an efficient remote work environment
- Why become a Product Engineer?
- Pull request review
- Test Fest approach