Full-Stack Software Engineer
Remote - UK
Our tech stack
- Ruby on Rails and Python/Django back-end applications
- Vue.js front-end app
- Many 3rd party API integrations
- Mostly hosted on Kubernetes
What we're looking for
We're looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer who likes working in a close-knit team and enjoys all aspects of the dev process including a good amount of DevOps.
The ideal candidate will be someone who can hit the ground running and is keen to play an integral part as we scale up the software engineering team within the company.
Ideally you'll have an interest in cyber security, and also enjoy the challenge of presenting complex concepts in an "easy to understand" way.
You should be able to build clean, secure and efficient code based on specifications and in compliance with coding standards.
- Proven experience as a Software Engineer or similar role building web applications using Ruby and/or Python
- Knowledge of docker and Kubernetes a plus
- Ability and willingness to learn new languages and technologies
- Close familiarity with Agile development methodologies, software engineering tools, software design, test-driven development and release processes
- BSc degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent industry-level experience
What’s in it for you
Intruder is a dynamic and well-funded startup operating in a very fast-growing market (even during the current economic downturn). You'll join the company at just the right time, we've established a product-market fit and things are now really taking off!
This is an intermediate role and we're offering a competitive salary in the range of £55,000 - £70,000, depending on your existing experience and skill set. In addition, we will add share options that allow you to significantly benefit financially as we increase the value of the company.
Our base is London, but a large part of our team is located around the globe. Although London-based employees are welcome to work from our WeWork office in Shoreditch (near Old Street), the development team will continue to have a "remote-first" culture. We're going through a period of significant growth right now but our top priority is to ensure we keep our fun but professional working environment. We'll consider remote applications for this role as long as you're within 2 hours of the GMT timezone.