Senior Ruby Engineer
Remote - Anywhere
As a senior ruby engineer on our customer app team, you will be working on things like rewriting the Stripe implementation, adding tests, building features for the customer app, and building external facing APIs for our customers. You will be responsible for ensuring the quality of our ruby codebase, which drives millions of dollars in revenue. We also expect every engineer to spend at least one day on customer support to understand our customer better.
We’re looking for a self-starter, who is communication focused with a deep sense of ownership and a team mentality to collaborate on achieving the best design/architecture for our systems.
You can expect to meet on a daily basis to go over task progress and design solutions. You’ll be working directly with the technical team: Chet Bortz, Felipe Lima and Auston Bunsen.
We need you to have experience with:
- Software Development in Ruby and more specifically Ruby on Rails
- Linux / Bash Scripting
- Some containerization (Running Docker)
- Monitoring and debugging production issues
- Getting familiar with and setting up software you may be unfamiliar with
- Designing high available systems with disaster recovery in mind
- Documenting your processes and sharing knowledge