Senior Back End Engineer
We are a rapidly growing startup with very high ratings on Glassdoor. As one of Canada’s Top-Growing companies, we will give you ample opportunities to supercharge your career growth. In the Senior Back End Engineer role, you will use your skills and experience to craft beautiful and functional code, deliver high-quality software, mentor your peers, help your team learn and grow, and make an impact in an organization that is always interested in new technologies.
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you, then let’s talk! My name is Tom and I’m the Director of Engineering at Irwin. I will personally make sure that your interview process is quick and smooth, and that you get respectful treatment at every step of the way. Read on to learn how to join us.
What do we do?
Irwin is one of Canada’s Top-Growing companies. We are based in Toronto and are a leading provider of capital markets-focused fintech software with a mission to seamlessly connect the world’s capital seekers and allocators to make them more productive, innovative, and successful. Our flagship product, Irwin, is a software platform used by investor relations and investment banking professionals all over the world. We are proud to say that our customers consistently give us top reviews and truly enjoy using our products.
What do we offer to you?
- Competitive salary, stock options, and benefits
- Career growth opportunities that you will only find at a high-growth, early-stage company
- Opportunities to learn new technologies (your Manager will make sure you have enough time for this)
- “Dev Days” to let you scratch that creative itch and work on your own projects.
- Flexible time-off policy to make sure you have enough time to take all the rest you need
- Work-life balance, with the flexibility to choose your own work location and flexible working hours.
- We are Remote-first and intend to stay this way. We do have a physical space for team collaborations that can be used when you need it.
- Inclusive work environment. Our team welcomes diverse applicants from all backgrounds, identities, beliefs, and statuses.
You will thrive at Irwin if you:
- Are a self-starter and love working with emerging technologies, platforms, and frameworks.
- Are a team player and believe that great things happen through open and honest communication and collaboration.
- Want to work with other friendly and hard-working colleagues to scale a company that is creating the next generation of capital markets technology
- Have at least 5 years of Agile software development experience in fast-growing, highly adaptive companies
- Obsess over system design and software architecture
- Have worked with Ruby, Rails, and PostgreSQL.
- Enjoy working with small teams and reacting quickly to customer feedback and new input
- Have the ability to write clear, concise, well-tested code
Here are some things that will help you stand out (but are not requirements):
- Docker and Kubernetes experience
- Experience with AWS
- Experience working with and designing distributed systems and microservices. (We use https://eventide-project.org for building Distributed Systems components using Event Sourcing and PUB/SUB messaging patterns)
- Some knowledge of capital markets
If you like thinking about the big picture and solving tough concepts, want to be innovative and generate new ideas for the product and company as a whole, and are absolutely obsessed with learning new things and out-of-the-box thinking, then join us and let’s create great products together!