Senior Full-Stack Developer
Bespoke is a global leader in providing AI-powered chatbots that help companies provide their customers with an engaging and improved customer experience when searching for help or trying to perform routine tasks. Bespoke’s technology relies on advanced AI technology to understand the intent behind a customer’s question and match it to an approved, curated answer. Since answers are curated, Bespoke has a team of chat support specialists that can intervene in a conversation and work to continuously improve the Bot’s knowledge on behalf of the customer. Our chatbot “Bebot” currently services over 11M users a year, which is over 30% of the entire market in Japan.
We’re currently looking for experienced full stack developers to join our web application team to design and develop our chatbot clients as well as our back office apps. This team is responsible for the full software development cycle. You will be working with product management to define the ideal user experience, doing regular code reviews and deploying features to production. As a senior developer, you’ll help design and implement solutions to problems in technical areas such as distributed systems, API integration, responsive UI design, and researching new web technologies. You will also mentor junior developers in technical subjects and participate in hiring new developers. In this role you will work closely with product management, devops or NLP engineers to deliver the most seamless AI chatbot experience available.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of web development with experience in creating large-scale messaging or similar applications, be creative and friendly, willing to teach others and pay particular attention to quality.
- Designing and implementing scalable web application code. Our code is currently written in React.js, Ruby (Rails, Sinatra), Node.js and Python (Flask, NLP), but if you have better ideas, we are happy to hear them!
- Working with NLP and devops engineers to roll out new functionalities
- Designing maintainable web application architectures in the areas of distributed systems design, push notification systems, and responsive UI design together with other web application developers
- Owning the technical scoping and delivery of one or more development projects
- Mentoring junior developers and participating in hiring
As a startup, we are also eager to embrace your unique interests and skill set to customize the role for you.
When bringing on new team members we mostly look for a track record of technical curiosity, commitment to quality, the ability to think critically, and an aptitude for learning new things quickly. If you’re that kind of person, contact us below!
- Solid experience in development of large, scalable web applications
- Comfortable working in a flexible and agile environment
- Experience in automated unit and end-to-end testing for web applications
- Ability to communicate technical problems clearly
- Ability to work in a diverse, English-speaking team (Japanese not necessary)
- Have technical leadership experience
- Have UX/UI design experience
- Speak other world languages
Working at Bespoke
- 100% remote work with access to a shared office in Shibuya
- A team that values diversity, equity, and inclusivity and cares about your well-being
- Flextime, with few regular meetings, we try to leave lots of time for deep work
- Tech presentations & knowledge sharing. We encourage public speaking at tech conferences
- Hackathons, test ideas and have fun
- Regular retrospective meetings: share your thoughts, show your appreciation