Senior Software Engineer
Published on May 25, 2023
DebtBook provides local governments, nonprofits, and similar organizations with the tools they need for complete debt and lease management and accounting standards compliance (like GASB-87 and GASB-96), all in a refreshingly simple yet comprehensive user interface.
Who We Are
DebtBook is an industry-leading fintech software platform that revolutionizes the way local governments, higher education, healthcare organizations and their finance teams work. Our powerful, cloud-based software helps these organizations manage all aspects of their debt, leases, and subscriptions, streamline financial reporting, and share information simply with others.
About this Role
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us continue to build our platform. We have multiple engineering teams that are broken out based on product area, and we staff our teams with full-stack engineers. Each team is expected to frequently and incrementally deliver improvements to our application. We aim to release code at least once a week, and have all teams ship code at least weekly. In addition to writing code, Senior Software engineers are expected to contribute to managing the projects they are working on, help solve process and architectural problems, help onboard new engineers, and mentor early career engineers.
- Create new features and enhancements to our application. Add additional tests as we expand our application.
- Collaborate with product and business partners to understand project requirements and provide advice. Break down feature requirements into appropriate sized tickets.
- Help us build an application that is easy to work on. Help point the team towards best practices and refactor the app to eliminate technical debt.
- Help interview and onboard new engineers.
- Train and mentor engineers on the team.
- Pair program with other engineers on the team.
- Review merge requests.
- Participate in our work-hours engineering triage rotation.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years professional Software Engineering experience
- Professional experience with Ruby on Rails, React, and SQL
Technologies We Use
- Our tech stack includes Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, and React
- Our app is hosted in AWS and we have CI/CD pipelines and deployments in GitLab
- 30 min - Introduction Call
- 1 hr - Management Interview with an Engineering Manager
- 1 hr - Code review and pair programming session
- 2 hr - Group Interview w/ Engineering Team and Product Team
At DebtBook, we dream big, move fast, make an impact, and bring joy to everything we do. Our core values drive our success as an organization, and we are looking for talented teammates who share our passion for challenging the status quo, innovating in all we do, and wanting to make a difference. We are growing fast, but our people aren’t just a number -- everybody has the opportunity to shape our culture and the future of the company.
Benefits & Perks
Proud to be named one of the “Best Places to Work” by Charlotte’s Business Journal, DebtBook is a fast-growing company where we dream big, move fast, make an impact, and bring joy to everything we do. Our core values drive our success as an organization, and we are looking for talented teammates who share our passion for challenging the status quo, innovating in all we do, and wanting to make a difference.
When it comes to benefits and perks, we are committed to supporting our employees’ well-being to make their lives better, both in and out of the office. We offer:
- Competitive salaries plus equity (stock options) for all employees
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with 4% employer match
- Flexible work schedules and generous leave policies (including unlimited PTO)
- Professional development opportunities and tuition reimbursement
- Family and wellness perks
- Stipends for remote workers to set up their ideal work space
- Annual salary range is: $137,500-$172,500 based on experience
- This role is eligible for an up to 10% annual bonus
DebtBook is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and prohibit discrimination and unlawful harassment in the workplace. All applicants will receive consideration for employment based upon their qualifications without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information, political affiliation, National Guard or veteran status, disability, or any other protected status under federal, state, or local law. We welcome and encourage applicants with disabilities to contact our team for assistance during the application and hiring process. We are committed to expanding accessibility and making reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable law.