Remote - EU
Highstreet has built 20+ apps for fashion and lifestyle brands across the globe that we keep up to date on a bi-weekly schedule. These apps share a common core library consisting of almost all UI and business logic. This allows us to focus on writing features and fixes that benefit all our customers. All code is written with a platform mindset: it should allow for customer-specific tailoring while offering a consistently great end-user experience.
The team currently consists of two engineers and a lead, so there's plenty of room to make an impact. Write quality code, have it undergo code review, ship it to production, track app reliability and help others to do the same.
Challenges & opportunities
- Design and develop API's that are used by our mobile apps;
- Integrate API's of e-commerce platforms, payment providers, and third parties;
- Focus on scale and performance;
- Deploy new updates to production every week;
- Work closely together with designers and mobile engineers to design an roll-out new features;
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
Who are you?
We are looking for someone who loves backend technology. Someone who enjoys learning new things and isn't afraid to experiment and fail. You love working in a small team without corporate structures and like to hang out with colleagues on the job - and perhaps also outside of work.
On top of that, we are looking for the following skills:
Advanced in Ruby
You have an advanced level of Ruby or a similar backend language. We are using Ruby in large parts of our backend today and also have a few smaller components written in Golang.
3+ years of experience
You have at least 3 years of professional experience in designing and building RESTful API's.
You integrate testing into your daily workflow.
You are driven to be the best at what you do and you care about details.
You are eligible to work in the EU.
Bonus points if you have experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Flourish in a culture of trust, ownership, and standard of excellence;
- Speak English in a company with people of 7 different nationalities;
- Work remotely whenever you want;
- The best tech needed for your job;
- Work from our HQ at the heart of Utrecht. Next to the flagship stores of many of the brands we work for (except during the pandemic);
- Weekly team drinks and open bar on Friday evening;
- Delicious lunches provided daily;
- Enjoy flexible working hours and a competitive compensation package;
- Company-wide outings & events.
Does this sound like a perfect match?
We are proud of our wonderful product and believe it has lots of potential. We are growing fast and have fun while building our platform and company. If this sounds good to you, please tap "Apply now" below.