Senior Engineer, Rails (Core)
Published on July 09, 2023
Founded by a team of industry veterans, Underdog was born with the idea that bringing strategic innovation to sports gaming and entertainment is the key to success in an exceptionally competitive market. Underdog has quickly established itself as a leader in the space, and is committed to building the best sports gaming platform in the industry -- and supporting the most passionate community of sports fans while doing it! At Underdog, we’re not only about creating these awesome products, but also about growing our culture of passion, ownership, and fun! We believe that great companies are made out of great people. Our continual aim is to create an inclusive environment for everyone, at all levels, to achieve their highest potential at work.
What is Underdog?
- Write, test, review, and maintain code using Ruby
- Evaluate and recommend solutions & suggestions to the team
- Maintain and improve internal APIs
- Document the systems you help build, monitor, and maintain
- Coordinate with product, design, and support to organize priorities
- Improve the scalability and performance of the platform
- 4 years of software engineer experience
- Extremely comfortable using Ruby, RoR, and PostgreSQL
- A superb communicator both written and verbal
- You’re collaborative by nature, and passionate about fostering best practices for the betterment of the team
- Obsessed with scaling & improving the platform's performance
- Eagerness to test, track & document your work
- A top level problem solver comfortable ideating and implementing solutions suggested by the team
- Experience with microservices
- Experienced with relational databases
- Familiar with API design
- Unlimited PTO (we're extremely flexible with the exception of the first few weeks before & into the NFL season)
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Company paid Health, Dental, Vision plan option for employees and dependents
- 401k Match & FSA
- Remote, In-Person, or Hybrid Scheduling – we are 100% VIRTUAL FIRST!
- A $500 home office allowance
- $100 in UD credit
- Support for learning and development
- Book club – expense your books!
- Monthly raffle to win a sports ticket reimbursement of up to $500 (including game day snacks!)
- Lastly, an extremely transparent, fun, and engaging culture where you will grow both personally and professionally