Senior Software Engineer - US (Remote)
Remote - Anywhere
We like to move and iterate fast and believe in the outsized impact that a single team member can have on a company. A core philosophy of ours is simplicity — from product design, to engineering architecture, to our day-to-day working styles. Our team is experienced (previous successful exit in the IoT space), with a commitment to building an industry-leading product and open, communicative, and diverse team culture.
We’re looking for our first Senior Software Engineer in our Boston office. You will play a key role in developing our user-facing analytics portal, deployment & commissioning tools, data-management tools, monitoring systems, and APIs, as well as building out our team culture as an early member of the Boston office.
- Our current stack uses React.js, Ruby on Rails, Heroku, a variety of Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies (AWS IoT, Redshift, DynamoDB), Periscope for data-science, and Tensorflow for machine-learning.
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years industry experience
- Experience with our tech stack
- Especially strong knowledge of CS/CE fundamental concepts and OOP languages
- Experience working with databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MSSQL, MySQL) and data infrastructure
- Experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud computing platforms
- Understanding of REST API design and implementation
- Feel comfortable working anywhere in the software stack: frontend, server-side, database, and infrastructure
- Excited at the thought of working in a dynamic startup environment
- A high-impact role in an emerging industry leader
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Employer-sponsored medical, dental and vision insurance
- Open Vacation policy: take time off when you need it
We value people from all walks of life who exhibit kindness, curiosity, discipline, humility, and passion to excel at what they do. If you would like to contribute to our team, we encourage you to apply.