Published on August 21, 2023
Our team is dedicated to revolutionizing the mental health industry. At Spring Health, we stand by our values and are advocates for our members and employees. Together, we build with urgency and intention. We find strength in the diversity of cultural backgrounds, ideas, and experiences. United, we are open, honest, and ready to make a difference.
- Design and expand the capabilities of our API (built with Ruby on Rails) which powers several web apps and a mobile app, all of which are used to to screen, diagnose, and provide care for patients
- Design and expand the capabilities of our web frontends and app, built in React, Redux and Flutter
- Build thoughtful UI and components by contributing to our design system/component library
- Build on the foundation of a well tested codebase to ensure it remains robust and scalable as our business rapidly growsIdentify areas for growth and iteration on our application stack and advocate for them on the engineering roadmap
- Help us make decisions like “grow the monolith” or “break things up into microservices” (or some other great idea!)
- 2-4 years of professional development experience
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with React & Redux
- Bonus points for Flutter experience
- Bonus points for experience with Docker & AWS
- Bonus points for GraphQL API design experience
- Comfortable working on an agile team and curious about learning new things
- Enjoy using test-driven development and pair programming
- Comfortable moving fast and working through ambiguity - we are a small startup and are working on balancing the demands of business growth and platform reliability
Hypergrowth meets impact
- You will be held accountable to an exceptionally high bar and impact
- This may be the fastest work environment you will ever experience in terms of growth, decision-making, and time to impact
- You will be challenged to set and protect your own boundaries
- You will create processes & products that have never existed before
- You will have very direct conversations and receive continuous feedback to push you to become the highest performer you can be
- Change is a constant here: your role, team, responsibilities, and success metrics will shift as the company grows
- You get to be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the field
- You get to learn and grow at an extremely accelerated pace
- You will experience transparency, integrity, & humility from leadership
- You will be empowered to constantly challenge the status quo
- You get the space to experiment & innovate
- You get to make a transformational impact for the company, mental health, and for real human lives — and you will see that impact quickly
- You will become more resourceful and resilient
- You get to be part of a winning team that opens doors in the future
Benefits provided by Spring Health:
- Generous medical, dental, vision coverage available day 1 + access to One Medical
- 20 total yearly no-cost visits to the Spring Health network of therapists, coaches, and medication management providers for you and your dependents
- Flexible paid time off in addition to 12 paid holidays throughout the year
- $500 per year Wellness Reimbursement
- Spring Health provides access to QuitGenius, a platform with technology-tailored, personalized addiction treatment plans for substance use (*QG is available to benefit-enrolled employees, spouses, and dependents age 18+)
- 4-4.5 months of fully paid parental leave
- Spring Health provides team members and their families with sponsored access to Bright Horizons® child care, back-up care, and elder care.
- Access to Joshin is provided by Spring Health. Joshin is a comprehensive support system for disabilities and neurodivergence in the workplace. This benefit supports employees, their families, and our teams through personalized navigation and disability education and training along with a network of screened in-home caregivers with disability and neurodivergent experience.
- Our People team benchmarks all salaries using theRadford Global Compensation Database for technology and life sciences industries. Radford benchmarks salaries with 3,589 global firms, 6.5 million employees, and 98 countries across the globe. We do this to ensure all of our team members are paid equally and competitively.
- On top of competitive and benchmarked salary, Spring Health offers incentive pay (based on role), and equity that begins vesting as we celebrate your first year with the company!
- Employer sponsored 401(k) match of up to 2% after 90 days of employment
- Flexible work arrangements: 60% of Spring Health team members work fully remote while 40% work in a hybrid model from our New York City offices
- Calm Fridays: no meetings, no distractions, just time for you to get work done.
- Up to $1,000 Professional Development Reimbursement per calendar year. Any requests over $250 must be requested for pre-approval prior to enrollment by sending an email to the People Team.
- $200 per year donation matching to support your favorite causes