Sr. Full-Stack Engineer
Published on October 28, 2023
Empower businesses to build trust and deliver on their commitment to transparency. We believe privacy can be – and should be – your brand’s differentiator With the core belief that trust builds transparency, Daniel Barber and Ignacio Zendejas set out to build DataGrail, an integrated solution helping companies construct comprehensive privacy programs that empower people with more control over their privacy and identity.
We're looking for a Sr. Full Stack Engineer to help us build and continue to deliver products that deliver value to our customers and world. You will help transform the privacy space from a world of "Compliance" to an industry that is proactive and progressive with the interests and privacy of their users. It's a unique opportunity to have the chance to join DataGrail at a time where we're still very small but experiencing tremendous growth and success in changing the privacy space.
Our mission is to transform the world of privacy, and as a member of the Request Manager team you will be contributing to the workflows that our users use to handle a high volume of privacy requests every day. Our robust software platform allows privacy professionals to do their entire job in a single place instead of the status quo of spreadsheets and repetitive tasks.
The Skill Set:
- Design and implementation of our unified DataGrail API
- Build workflow focused Request Manager features from top to bottom (React, Ruby on Rails)
- Write tests to ensure that your code works now and in the future
- Pair with your teammates on bugs and stories in a collaborative (mostly synchronous) remote environment
Within 90 Days You'll:
- Get to know DataGrail and our different product offerings
- Develop an understanding of the Request Manager product and the customer problems it helps solve
- Pair with fellow engineers on delivering new bite sized features in our Request Manager workflow product
- Help investigate and resolve bugs that are prioritized in our sprints
Within 180 Days You'll:
- Contribute to discovery and technical planning for upcoming features
- Participate in the Request Manager firefighter rotation by triaging incoming questions and bugs, and helping lead the resolution efforts for high severity or high priority issues
- Give and receive consistent peer feedback on quality of work, team contribution, and alignment with DataGrail core values
Within 365 Days You'll:
- Have transformed the Request Manager product from a tool that processes tickets one by one in to a high volume automated system that allows users to "set it and forget it"
- Increase customer trust in our product by building out a best in class dashboard and reporting system for the Request Manager product to help our users understand their privacy program at a glance
- Help build out our unified DataGrail API that both our customers and our products all utilize
With the core belief that trust builds transparency, at DataGrail, we provide a privacy platform that empowers people to have more control over their privacy and identity. Our platform eliminates complicated, manual, and time-consuming processes associated with emerging privacy laws. We find and untangle the terabytes of data companies have, make sense of it, and organize it into an easy-to-use privacy program.
We live by our company values every day at DataGrail: Bias for Action, Be Human, Love Our Customers, and Win as a Team.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation package + equity
- Work from anywhere - every employee has the choice to select their ideal work environment
- Feel relaxed with unlimited paid-time-off (+2 weeks mandatory!)
- Treat yourself with 8 scheduled “DataGrail Days” a year for personal wellness
- Stay healthy - full healthcare coverage, including dental, and vision
- Save for the future with our 401(k) plan
- Work smarter with monthly hardware and remote office stipends and an UberEats meal program
- All of this and much, much more
DataGrail provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.