Ruby on Rails Software Engineer (EMEA Remote)
Remote - Anywhere
Who we are
Our mission is to improve the employability of millions of workers in the job market. We have created a managed marketplace that connects temporary workers with leading companies with the vision that technology and data are the key leverage to disrupting the temporary labour market.
We have created a platform that makes the job market more transparent and liquid to make this a reality. Our platform digitises all recruitment processes simplifying them and generating data to improve the matching between workers and companies. In addition, we group available job offers and employment procedures so that workers can always get suitable job offers and be permanently employed through Jobandtalent.
This way, workers can gain long term job stability because, as a marketplace, we can continuously offer them job opportunities and improve their work experience as we focus on the best possible experience.
You will be working in one of our product teams inside the Backend guild to design and implement real-world staffing solutions in a Service-Oriented Architecture platform.
Our current most common stack is:
- Rails 6.0
- PostgreSQL as RDBS
- RabbitMQ as message bus provider
- Redis with Sidekiq for async processing
- All our services are containerised with Docker, deployed in AWS, and all our real production platform is simulated in-development using this technology.
A successful candidate will have
- Professional and demonstrable software development experience, preferably web and API development
- At least 2+ years of experience building Ruby/Ruby on Rails, customer-facing applications
- You know how to do things the “Rails Way” but also understand how things work under the hood
- A thirst for analyzing key business metrics & qualitative feedback
- A hands-on approach to understanding and tackling business challenges
- Strong RDBMs knowledge (query analysis, database transactions, …)
- Fluency in English is a must. We want to bring talent to our team, no matter where it comes from.
Nice to have
- Not afraid of learning a new language if a new tool is required
- Experience working with distributed systems
- You know your way through Linux servers
- Some No-SQL experience (Redis)
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies (inc. Scrum, Kanban, …)
- You master git and the GitHub workflow, which we use extensively at Jobandtalent
- Experience with monitoring systems
Some of the benefits that we offer
- The chance to make an impact in one of the fastest-growing scale-up companies in Europe
- Develop your career working in a super exciting environment with a great working atmosphere, international work environment with an international and multidisciplinary team
- Salary and Performance reviews every six months
- ESOP (Employee Stock Plan) program and all technical staff are eligible for it after reaching a certain level of seniority
- Flexible working hours
- We are a remote-first company, so if your office is at home, we will provide for any equipment you need to do your job
- Free emotional and psychological well-being support with Therapy Chat
- Annual personal learning budget of €1,000 for conferences, courses, books, etc.
- Free languages classes: English, Spanish, German, French
- European Visa Sponsorship
Diversity, equity, and inclusion
Here at Jobandtalent, we are all engaged with our product. For that, you must feel included and valued. Therefore, we created an inclusive culture where diversity is an integral part of Jobandtalent's DNA.
More about us
Jobandtalent was founded in 2009 in Madrid. Since then, it has been financed by world-leading capital entities such as Softbank, Atomico, SEEK or Blackrock. Becoming one of the most valued Spanish startups internationally recognized by FT as Europe’s 10th fastest growing startup last year.
Behind our technology platform that employs hundreds of thousands of workers in great companies like Amazon, XPO, Walmart, P&G or H&M. We have a team of more than 1000 employees distributed in offices in the United Kingdom, France, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Sweden, Mexico and Colombia. We plan to continue growing such markets as we launch operations in new countries (up to 20 by 2025). And, to ensure the success of the said plan, we rely on self-driven and highly motivated individuals that want to help us take Jobandtalent to the next level.