Senior Software Engineer, Backend - Platform Team (Remote)
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Contributing to the architecture and design of new and existing services
- Architecting and building shared services used by all our Scrum teams
- Helping keep our Ruby on Rails services on the latest gem versions
- Working across our stack including Ruby on Rails, MySQL, Redis, and AWS services
- Taking end to end ownership and responsibility for architecture, deployment, and maintenance of product features
- Coordinating tasks with your teammates and collaborating with the entire company to refine requirements to deliver the best product to our customers
- Analyzing and optimize server-side APIs and build pipelines for efficiency and performance
- Working with applications that use Docker, Kubernetes, and CI/CD tools
- Identifying and squash bugs
- 5+ years software engineering experience
- 3+ years Ruby/Rails, Python/Django or similar experience
- Familiarity with the entire stack - web servers, the application layer, caching, databases
- Experience with AWS and/or Google Cloud Services
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes, and CI/CD tools
- Understanding of MySQL, PostgreSQL or other relational databases
- Proficiency with Git/Github or other distributed version control systems
- Self motivation and a deep sense of pride in your work
- Curiosity, humility, and open-mindedness
- Passion about web technologies and AllTrails’ mission to connect people to the outdoors
- Passion for the outdoors
- Humility, empathy and open-mindedness - no egos
- Experience with Monitoring, Logging, Reporting and Alerting frameworks like New Relic and Datadog
- Terraform and other Infrastructure as Code tooling
Our Commitment to You:
- A competitive and equitable compensation plan. This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity.
- Physical & mental well-being including health, dental and vision benefits + a monthly stipend for wellness expenses.
- Trail Days: First Friday of each month off to hit the trails!
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible parental leave
- Remote employee equipment stipend to create a great remote work environment.
- Annual continuing education stipend.
- Discounts on subscription and merchandise for you and your friends & family.
- An authentic investment in you as a human being and your career as a professional.
Nature celebrates you just the way you are and so do we! At AllTrails we’re passionate about nurturing an inclusive workplace that values diversity. It’s no secret that companies that are diverse in background, age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective are proven to be more successful. We’re focused on creating an environment where everyone can do their best work and thrive.