Software Engineering Manager
What's great about SingleOps:
SingleOps is a SaaS startup providing an all-in-one business management solution used daily by thousands of green industry professionals (landscapers, arborists, irrigation technicians, etc.) all across North America. Our customers use SingleOps to manage their customer records, perform estimates & sell work, schedule crews, invoice & receive payment, and understand critical data about their business like real-time profitability. Because of SingleOps our customers have processed over $1.5 billion in revenue. The green industry is in the early innings of adopting CRM and field service software, and the SingleOps product is enabling this industry's evolution.
We have been recognized as one of America’s fastest companies by Inc. 5000, as well as being recognized by the Atlanta Business Chronicle Pacesetter award in 2021 as being one of the top 100 fastest growing companies (psst...this is our 3rd time in a row!) It’s a great time to join the ride! We are looking for diverse-minded people who enjoy challenging and fulfilling work to join our mission in redefining an age-old industry. Our team is highly collaborative, innovative, supportive, and we have a lot of fun. Our core values are Growth Mindset, Customer Success, We Before Me, Simplicity, and Get S*** Done How You Want; if this speaks to you, we want to meet you!
The reason behind the role…
Reporting to the VP of Engineering, we are looking for a Software Engineering Manager who will empower the remote engineers they hire/manage through mentorship, feedback and opportunity. This person will be a respected engineer who reviews code with high standards, offers to pair with and unblock their team and gives technical feedback. They will embrace a growth mindset based on our career ladder and encourage development by setting achievable goals, weekly one on ones and feedback.
We are looking for someone who has managed or led a highly productive data-driven engineering team in a SaaS company. As a member of the engineering leadership team you will play a vital role in shaping and executing our product and engineering vision.
- Influence and execute on the SingleOps engineering vision and strategy
- Manage a high-performing team of 4-5 engineers that solve customer problems by delivering product solutions
- Give praise, deliver feedback and set goals with your team through timely conversations, code reviews, weekly one on ones and reviews
- Understand the product vision and strategy and push your team to deliver while not compromising on quality or the engineering vision
- Maintain close professional relationships with product, design and QA and encouraging healthy conflict to create the best product possible
- Quickly engage in production issues taking a lead role when necessary and making the call keeping the success of our customers and our business in mind
- Decide which skills, experience, and roles your team needs and make hiring/firing decision accordingly
- Drive work satisfaction and high retention with a culture-first approach to management
- Direct an agile development process combining best practice with aspects unique to our team and culture
- Understand team and individual velocity and consistently employ creative tactics that elevate output
- Ensure security and performance by employing SaaS best practices of mitigation, monitoring, and remediation
- Collaborate across all teams while keeping distractions minimal and delegating when appropriate
Does this sound like you?
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience in SaaS product development
- 3+ years of leadership experience
- 1+ years of people management experience
- Experience working in a environment where unit testing, integration testing and automated testing is important
- A collaborator who is comfortable pairing with other engineers to unblock and solve problems
- Ability to work autonomously to tackle large projects without close monitoring
- Excited to explore and pick up new technologies and programming languages
A few ways to stand out...
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and modern frontend frameworks (React, Angular, etc)
- Demonstrated solid SQL (MySQL) abilities
- Comfortable in AWS and Docker
- Git expert
The salary range for this role is $150,000 to $170,000 with opportunity for an additional annual variable compensation, and final offers are determined using multiple factors including experience and level of expertise. SingleOps complies with applicable law regarding pay transparency.
Work authorization sponsorship is not available for SingleOps roles at this time. Candidates must have proper work authorization to work for any employer in the United States, without sponsorship from the company.
Reasons why you would love it here!
- An amazing startup culture with a team that supports one another, the opportunity to make a direct impact, and all the fun that’s included!
- Your well-being is important. We have great health, dental, and vision plan options for you and your family. We pay 100% of employee premiums on our base health insurance plan, and 70% for dependents. For dental and vision insurance we pay 100% for employee premiums, and 50% for dependents.
- We also offer additional options for HSA (with employer contribution!), FSA, Dependent Care FSA, 401k (no match), short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, legal assistance, and much more!
- With Growth Mindset as a core value, we invest in your development with a $1,000 per year professional development stipend for conferences, courses, or anything that may help you grow
- $100 budget to set up your home office with any equipment you need on top of what we already provide you.
- No questions asked unlimited PTO for mental breaks and relaxation. And as added bonus, we have the holiday shutdown where you have the last week of the year completely off!
- Equity for all employees
- We promote a flexible work culture for everyone, including the option to work remotely from home at all times, as well as an awesome headquarters in midtown Atlanta.
- Inclusive company-wide Slack communities to keep everyone engaged and find common interests
SingleOps is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.