Full Stack Engineer 2
At ExecOnline, we believe that leaders are within us and among us, which is why we strive to inspire others by creating a future-forward path. Our mission? To connect all leaders to their future potential.
In partnership with the world’s top business schools, we deliver career-enhancing programs for leaders and meaningful impact for enterprises. We’re growing rapidly, and we’re hiring passionate, diverse, mission-driven talent to grow with us.
We’re looking for an exceptional individual to join our tech team as a Full Stack Engineer 2. Our stack includes Ruby on Rails, React, Typescript, and AWS. We are innovating in some exciting ways using functional programming and Typescript. We are looking for someone who is comfortable with Rails and/or React but is charged up about using a typed language on the front end and the back end. We're a small, diverse team with members on three continents, so remote collaboration is a critical skill.
Our technology stack:
- Restful HATEOAS API built with Ruby on Rails
- React & React Native Client Applications built with Typescript and CooperTS
- Lambdas built with AWS, Typescript, & CooperTS
- AWS Aurora DB
- Docker containerization
What you’ll do:
- Work on all the latest projects that may require front end, back end coding or both
- Collaborate daily with the whole team
- Participate in regular discussions on how to improve team’s productivity and efficiency
- Mentor other team members and occasionally lead projects
What we’re looking for:
- Four+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails OR
- Four+ years of experience with React OR
- Five+ years of web application development experience in other languages/frameworks
- Strong remote collaboration skills are a must
- Experience working on an agile team is desired
- Leadership experience is desired
Bonus points for:
- React Native
- Functional Programming
- EdTech Experience
- AWS Experience
- Integration experience
On the Tech Team, we:
- Have a strong quality culture. High quality, highly maintainable code is extremely important to us.
- Recently relaunched our learning platform, completely rewritten as a React Typescript web app. This new architecture is really nice to work with! We love the way typescript makes it safe and easy to refactor
- Are expanding our typescript usage and canon to back-end applications as well
- Are totally digging functional programming
- Aggressively review code and take mentoring each other very seriously
- Have a very innovative approach to evaluating our skills and how to "level up" as a developer
- Participate in the tech community and contribute to open source projects including our own - check out our Github - https://github.com/execonline-inc/
- Participate in at least one full company hackathon every year
- Don't work crazy long hours. We want your best every day, and that takes rest and balance.
- Are committed to learning from each other and teaching each other
What makes you a great fit for this role:
- You value hard work, collaboration and the ability to strike the right balance between speed, quality and execution
- You love receiving rigorous code reviews
- You love leveling up
- You LOVE to code and have a Github/StackOverflow/etc account that proves it!
Benefits, Perks, and Resources:
- Accelerate your career: take any of our high-impact courses, for free
- You’ll receive stock options in our fast-growing company, as well as access to a 401(k) to invest in your future
- Thrive beyond work with 20 days of PTO, generous parental leave, paid holidays, and flexible work arrangements
- Comprehensive wellness benefits: high-quality, low-cost medical, dental, and vision plans, in addition to other wellness offerings
- Community & Belonging: Our Employee Resource groups bring together employees with shared characteristics or life experiences
Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is our ethos. We take diversity in hiring seriously, and encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet every bullet point to a “T.”
If you have a disability, or any other need that requires an accommodation, please reach out to the recruiting team - we’re happy to help!