Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
How we work?
- We don’t do daily meetings
- We don’t do Scrum.
- We don’t want you working more than 40 hours a week.
- We believe in employee autonomy.
- We work in small teams, and make decisions quickly without dwelling and over-analyzing – great decisions usually are no brainers.
- We believe in very high standards, and everyone holds up to it, and as a result, we are able to accomplish a lot with less (time/people/energy/meetings).
While this may seem radical to how many companies work, it works really well for us. We have very high customer satisfaction, superb code, and great test coverage.
The position you're applying to, is one of our most important ones, as our developers also make a lot of product, scale/optimization decisions, so we hold every candidate to a high standard.
Who We're Looking For:
- A Senior developer that understands scaling applications and can lead a team.
- You want to learn from a founder who has launched multiple companies and see a job not just as a way to write code and get paid for it, but as a great learning opportunity
- You value a team that works both hard and smart - who are obsessed with helping customers and honing their craft more than anything
- You actually want to love your job, the people you work with and the software you help create, instead of simply tolerating them
- You know, like and agree with some of the views shared by the Basecamp guy
A Bit About You (As A Person)
- You'd Rate Your English As Very Fluent
- You’re a learning machine, and consider it part of your many hobbies
- You are honest, work hard work immensely and have integrity
- You have hobbies outside of work
- You’d love to join a team full of creative & smart people you’ll learn from
- You are not looking for another job, but a career.
A Bit About Your Background (Tech)
- You have 5+ years working extensively in Rails and believe can solve tasks quicker than most
- You work well with frontend developers and have a good understanding of the relationship between engineers and product managers
- You have been part of a remote team before / have freelanced for at least 2 years
In terms of our tech stack, here’s what you’ll need excellent familiarity with to be a great fit:
- Ruby on Rails (6.0+)
- Postgres (9+)
We're working on a very challenging product, with thousands of competitors, and yet we're amongst the top solutions that people choose to work with. Every day, we're challenged by our very well-funded competitors to push our product to the next level and deliver a better experience for our customers.
We're a small team doing very cool things, with thousands of customers that absolutely love us, and as a result are able to also provide benefits such as:
- Flexible working hours. We believe work shouldn't dictate your life, so we let you work when you're cool with it.
- Remote for 11+ years. We're cool with whatever, as long as you're having fun & working. We have a remote and well-integrated team.
- 1-month Paid Vacation & Paid Holidays
- Challenging & Rewarding. We're in a very competitive market, and we're able to win a lot of our competitor's customers, simply by having a better product & customer experience. This tradition is really able to exist because we have a very strong team.